Welcome to westshoreseniors.org!
The creation of this web site has been a dream of the 8 senior centers represented, in collaboration with our technical partner, Center for Aging in the Digital World, for the past two years. It was our goal to provide a “one-shop-stop” experience for anyone looking for senior center information on the west side. We also have big dreams for the site going forward, but for now we are thrilled to have completed this first step.
We invite you to search through all of the information on the site, but here are some pointers to help get you started:
- You can get to most information in two different ways: by clicking on the topic specific buttons that say “Programs” or “Social Services” towards the top of the screen (or half way down the screen you’ll find the same topic specific buttons).
- You may also type what you are looking for in the “What are you looking for?” search box.
- You can find information on individual senior center (Bay Village, Fairview Park, Lakewood, North Olmsted, Rocky River, Westlake, Avon and North Ridgeville), by clicking on the button that says “Senior Centers” half way down the screen.
- You can search by topic and get results from all the senior centers. For example, if you type “Yoga” in the box that asks “What you are looking for?” you will be taken to a list of all of the yoga classes at all 8 centers. Or, if you click on the “Programs” button, you will be taken to a list of activity categories. For example, clicking on the Exercise, Fitness and Dance category will give a listing of all exercise programs at all centers. You would then click on the Yoga link to find yoga classes.
- While you are welcome to participate in activities at any of the senior centers, Social Services are available to you only from the community you live in. For example, someone living in Westlake cannot use transportation services from Bay Village. You can find these services in your community by clicking on the Social Services button, or typing Social Services in the “What you are looking for?” box.
We were able to create this site for our Westshore seniors from the generosity of the Community West Foundation. They saw the value of this project and provided the funding. To thank them, we ask your support of their SocksPLUS program. Each of the Westshore senior centers are collecting socks in the fall that will be distributed to the homeless. Please consider donating to this worthy cause!
We welcome your comments and feedback about the site, including ideas on how we can improve it, or suggestions about content. We hope you come back often!